Sustainable Stewardship: Actions to Improve Campus Energy Efficiency
You can follow a few simple steps to help save energy, money, and the environment.
When you’re in the office:
- The automated building energy management system is set to the campus standards but If you have an independent system thermostat in your office, adjust it to an energy-saving campus standard.
- The automated energy management system is programmed to the most efficient temperature determined by Utilities Operations.
- Independent thermostats should be manually set to the same temperature settings.
- During warmer months, set it to 75 degrees.
- During colder months, set it to 69 degrees.
- Whenever possible, take advantage of natural lighting, use task lighting if available.
- Set computers, monitors, and copiers to sleep mode.
When you leave for a little while:
- Turn off incandescent and fluorescent lights every time you leave the room.
- Turn off your computer monitor or set it to automatically go into sleep mode.
When you leave for the day:
- Turn off the lights.
- Turn off the computer and other equipment or appliances (printers, radios, coffee makers, etc.).
- Unplug the equipment or turn it off at the power switch. Many appliances consume energy when not in use.
Think Act Save