Ingress Management Services

Facility Access

The Ingress Management Services shop is responsible for managing the university keying systems and campus-wide electronic access control systems.

All faculty, staff, and student employees of Texas State may be issued keys or electronic access to their workspace.  Requests must be submitted by the requestor’s departmental key/access administrator using the AssetWorks AiM system.  

Keys and electronic access for residence halls, residence rooms, and apartments are managed through the Department of Housing and Residential Life (DHRL).  Requests for keys or electronic access to these facilities should be submitted to the DHRL key/access controller for approval.

Detailed guidance can be found in UPPS 08.02.01.

Using the Card Access Readers

Texas State has a door access system based on student, faculty, and staff ID cards (BobcatCards). Your ID card is your key.

Older-style ID cards do not work. If you have an old card, you can get a replacement from ID Services.

Is it locked?

If a solid green light is present, the door is unlocked and you do not need a card to open it.

If a solid red light is present, the door is locked and you do need a card to open it.

Unlocking a Door

  1. Hold the card flat against the reader with the black stripe towards it.
  2. If approved, there will be a quick green flash and a short, high-pitched tone. You will also hear the latch click into the unlocked position.
  3. You can now open the door within a short time-out period.
  4. If not approved, the light will stay red and there will be a longer tone. The latch will not click into a new position.

If you receive no response from the reader — no light change and no sound — your card is not functioning correctly and you should contact ID Services.

For any other facility access-related questions, contact Ingress Management Services at 512.245.7656Ingress Management Services Phone Number.

You can also reach us at